If you are in search of a new website for your business, then there are a number of factors to be considered and many choices to be made. One of them is whether to go with a website template or a custom web design.
Let us have a look at them both individually
- Custom web design: In a custom-designed website, every element of the website is custom-designed to fit all your needs and wants. First, come your strategy and content, and the design is built around them.
- Advantages: A custom design generally allows you to wrap the website around your marketing strategies. You can be more strategic in structuring the website as it is built for your needs. Also, it is fully customizable. Custom web design will make your website stand out from the crowd and give you a competitive edge over your competitors. Also, they are more search engine friendly, so as a result, they rank higher on search results. It gives room for incorporating your company’s brand into it. Moreover, there is a factor of scalability, and they grow as your business grows.
- Website templates: Website template designs offer you predefined boxes to plop your content into. You find a template that most closely matches what you need and makes small customizations with images and colours.
- Advantages: It is affordable, if you have a low budget you can still get a website template. It can be more quickly implemented. And it has a shorter development cycle. You do not have to be a coding whiz, to create a website, all you need is a website template. A person who does not know how to use HTML and CSS can create a website template.
Which do you choose?
- Custom web design: If you have complex business needs and you are searching for a marketing strategy to wrap up the website, you should invest in a custom-designed website. Also, if you have a complicated content structure that needs serious organization, you should go for a custom-designed website.
- Website template: If you have a relatively smaller budget and also need a quick turnaround, a template design will be the best option for you. Some businesses do not have complex strategic goals and just need a website that acts like a virtual brochure.
- Conclusion: The truth of the matter is that internet site templates are amazing options for positive companies just as custom websites are necessary for others. The proper decision boils down to certain considerations your business wishes to talk about and decide on.
It usually comes down to your business needs and personal preferences and choices that will influence your choice between a website template and custom web design. Which will you choose custom web design or a website template? As this decision will influence the future and success of your business, it is important that you take sufficient time to make the right choice. If you have any doubt, contact us.